Friday, October 19, 2007

What a bad week this has been.

Ever have a week where just about everything that could go wrong went wrong? I bought an OEM part (cornering lights) for my bike back in May or June and last week a bulb blew out so I went several places looking for a replacement bulb. No one has this bulb. I even tried the auto parts store to maybe replace the bulb and the holder but they won't fit inside the lens so I ended up putting the old lens and bulb back on the bike.
That was minor compared to having to fix brakes on my sons car (a Mazda Protoge). I had to replace the caliper on the rear passenger side because it had seized up and wore the rotor out. I started this project on Monday and just finished it today Oct 19th 2007. I had to order parts from O'Rielly auto parts. When the parts came I had the rotor and no caliper. The caliper came on Thursday. I had let my son drive my car and Wednesday night I got a call about 9 P.M. that my car had died. I took my wife's car to where he was and jumped it off, well as soon as he turned the lights on the car died again. I had to go to Wal-mart and get a battery at 10:30 at night and drive all the way back out to where we had left my car and put the new battery in which turned out to be too big and wouldn't allow me to close my hood all the way. I made do with what I had and we drove the car home, which was about 11:45 p.m. I still had to take a shower and get cleaned up. About 12:30 A.M. the phone rings and I stay on the phone for about 30 minutes. I have to get up at 5:30 to be at work by 7:00 a.m. I drive my car and notice that the battery, (alternator) light isn't going off. Well when I get off of work I go to O'Rielly auto parts and pick up my Caliper and ask them to check my battery and charging system only to find out that I have a bad alternator. I leave there and go to Wal-mart and exchange batteries put the new battery in car and nothing happens. Take that battery back out of car and back into Wal-mart and find that battery is dead. They put another battery on their charging system to find that it is not fully charged but I end up taking that battery and finally get my car started. I get home with my new caliper and go to put it on my son's car only to realize I don't have the mounting brackets for the pads and have left them on my old caliper. I have to go back to O'Rielly auto parts and get the mounting hardware which should just slide off, wrong, we had to beat the sucker and it still wouldn't come out like it was suppose to. We ended up having to get a hacksaw and cut the pin. I did get the brakes fixed but now have to concentrate on an alternator. Hope no one else has these kinds of problems.

No comments: