Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Nice Day for A Cold Ride

Was 28 degrees Farenheidt when I left for work this morning here in sunny South Carolina. I had no choice but ride my bike to work due to my wife letting a deer hit the side of her car last tuesday and doing about $4000.00 in damage to it to the point of the car having to be towed. I don't have heated garments because I see no need of them here in the south. I can usually ride comfortably at least 2 or 3 days a week. This morning I used some heat paks inside my gloves which kept my palms toasty warm but still did nothing for my fingertips, which was the only thing that was really cold. I did have on longjohns and chaps along with my millennium Goldwing jacket and a balclava. I was warm enough. I have been much colder before back in my younger days when I was deer hunting. I decided deer hunting wasn't for me, I just let my wife kill em now with her car. Id rather ride a motorcycle in 15 degree weather than deer hunt at 35.

No comments: