Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Goldwings and summer colds

Its been awhile since i have posted to these pages. I have had two disks in my back repaired since my last post but I am back at work now. I had laser surgery on my back which is not as invasive as the old way of doing surgery. I have been riding my Wing just about everyday since I have been back to work. I have found a new headlight bulb that works very well and really lights up the road. It is expensive but I think it is worth it for visibility and safety. The bulb is put out by Sylvania
and is actually an automotive bulb but the H3 also works on my 1997 GL1500 SE. The bulbs cost around $25.00 a piece but like I say the investment was well worth it. I ride in the early morning just after daybreak and can see the light from my headlights with sunglasses on. I wear some type of shield at all times to keep trash out of my eyes. I missed Wing Ding in Greenville due to just having surgery on my back and having to lay low for a little while. I have heard there were some nice rides up there. Wish I could have been there. Ride safe all.

1 comment:

Rockin Richard (Phillips) said...

Hi i was curious about your laser surgery.
My mom was thinking of having it done but she is afraid to go. She has spinal stenosis. Got some time to chat?
Richard Phillips
djrichardphillips@yahoo.com
203-484-2023