Thursday, November 29, 2007

What an awesome day to ride a Goldwing

Here it is Nov, 29th 2007 and it was an awesome day to ride today. It must have been at least 65 outside today. I rode home in just a short sleeve shirt which isn't always the best safety practice in the world. I do however wear a helmet which is optional here in South Carolina. It is kinda cool in the mornings when I leave for work but with my Goldwing jacket, chaps, gloves and helmet liner I stay fairly warm. I was almost sweating when I got to work this morning at a temp of 39 fahrenheit. I know of some guys I ride with that wear heated suits but my cut off for riding is 32 fahrenheit. Also I don't care much for riding in high winds either. I could ride in colder weather without being too cold but I don't like wearing a whole bunch of clothing either. During the winter months I can compete with those who put miles on a bike however but being of the working class of people, I can't put 3600 miles a month on my bike during the fall, spring and summer like some of the people I ride with do. One couple I ride with was gone most of the summer on their bike. They rode out to Washington state among others from South Carolina and was gone 12 weeks. Anyway ride on and ride safe.

No comments: